Friday, August 26, 2005

Moustache Tracking-Day6

All right, so I've decide to track the facial hair growth I'm undergoing-on September 12th I'll be attending Stache Bash 7-Moustaches in Heaven, and I had gone back and forth all throughout August debating-should I grow the moustache or just save myself the embarrassment during the growth period and buy a prosthesis of some kind? Well, the die is cast, the wheels are turning, don't stop believing-every day is a little more itchy and uncomfortable, but brings me closer to my hirsute destiny. I must add that besides the typical issues a sane person has with rocking a moustache in a serious capacity (though there are a number of hipster douchebags in Portland who do just that-not saying I'm not one myself, btw, just one without a moustache), my father also sported a 'stache for the first 29 years of my existence. My father is, to put it mildly, the antithesis of the Burt Reynolds/Boogie Nights image immediately conjured up by moustaches. To me, moustaches have as much to do with working as an insurance underwriter for 30-odd years and reading magazines at the mall bookstore as they do doing expensive drugs off of a stripper's ass in the backseat of a 1978 camaro whilst listening to "le freak". Anyway, here's how far I've gotten in 6 days of not shaving...future updates will be more concise, I just had to share some moustache-related ennui first. I feel this event is giving me the chance to really break through some complicated facial-hair issues I might otherwise have repressed, and for that I am thankful that I get to participate-I am breaking down personal boundaries one follicle at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home