Wednesday, September 14, 2005

okay, this is getting out of hand...

I had no idea I would be devoting so much of this blog to facial hair, but this is ridiculous, responding to the "Schick Quattro", which was in turn a response to the "Mach 3" razor, Gilette has upped the ante yet again, bringing the public a five bladed razor. This means that after years of being complacent with less than three blades, since 1998 razors have jumped first to three blades, then 4, and now 5. we're eseentially gaining a blade every 1.5-2 years. We must stop this race to madness, or by 2016 razors will have cartridges the size of skateboards in order to accomodate the eleven blades needed for a shave. Women will have to make do with the Schick "Octo" pulsating 8-blade for ladies, since their shaving tech tends to lag a little bit. Act now by taking this highly scientific online poll-and keep hope alive!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was totally just talking about this the other day. i thought that when they invented the vibrating ladies razor it would just have to stop there... but i guess it will stop at nothing short of full epidurmal removal in order to get the closest shave possible. the real bitch of it is that everytime they invent a new razor, they stop making replacement blades for the ones two versions back, so even though i am perfectly happy with my 3-bladed razor, i will have to move up to a stupid 4-bladed one cause they don't make the one i like. bastards.

9/15/2005 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as we're talking about this why are the women on the female razor commercials so completely incompetent at shaving? I've never had anything of the bad things happen to me while trying to shave that I see in the commercials and I am one of the clumsiest people I know (I recently had to get stiches from a sewing accident for Christ's sake!) I especially love the woman who can't figure out how to aim the shaving cream the right way, oh and the one where her bar of soap slips over and out of the bathtub and now she's going to have to get out and get it. I notice lots of commercials in this vein, like here's the hassle you've been putting up with all this time and here's our solution, and they're never things that happen to me. Now if someone could come up with a product that would help me remember another good example of this right now that would be helpful because forgetting my examples ALWAYS happens to me...
PS Aren't we going to get pictures of just the moustache????

9/16/2005 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Donnie said...

I have analog pictures that I will develop to digital this weekend-have no fear...it was captured on film. I looked reeeall slimy. I was going to wear it to work on Monday and have my co-worker take a picture with her phone, but shaved it off Monday morning (waking up, looking in the mirror and realizing you have a terrifying moustache for the second day straight is not a fun feeling at all)

9/17/2005 02:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home