Tuesday, December 06, 2005

today's happenings...

oh, man, I am worn out this morning-I had a basketball game followed by Karaoke that lasted too late. On the upside we found a karaoke bar with an unheard-of song selection (the Farm? Farm House? Something like that), they had the MC5 for god's sake-and I finally found a place that has "SexxLaws" by Beck... -Ford to gay people-please don't buy our stuff anymore. The interesting thing here is that they only advertised Jaguar and Land Rover in the first place, not Ford or Mercury-preferring not to invoke the wrath of Toby Keith, Ford Truck Man numero uno and so totally not gay, buddy.

-Rashard Lewis of the Sonics gets pulled over for DUI and has a blood alcohol level waaaay over the legal limit, his statement to the press says, "I have been charged with a traffic offense involving alcohol." What? Did someone throw vodka in his face while he was driving? Mmmm-hmm, I remember back in college when I ate two Totino's party pizzas and passed out on the couch-I told my professor the next day I missed the exam due to a "combustion event involving marijuana."

-Slate thinks that "my humps" song is just terrible. Oooh, way to stand up for integrity middle-aged-rock-critic man! Quick! Rolling Stone needs 5,000 words on the brilliance of Wilco, stat! That song is totally the jam, solely because it is utterly retarded-I think if you really feel the need to attack it, you're gettin' old. But as Homer Simpson said-"Not me, man! I'll keep on rockin', forever, forever....for....ever

-a new study says that those who drink 1-2 drinks daily are 54 percent less obesity-prone than those who do not drink at all. AND they are 46 percent less obesity prone than those who drink four or more per day. So drink. But not too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home